Party Mix

You will need:
3 cups Corn Chex Mix
3 cups Rice Chex Mix
3 cups Wheat Chex Mix
1 cup Cheerios
1 cup Raisins
1 to 2 cups pretzel sticks
*2 cups candy corn (M&M's are good too)
1 cup nuts (optional)
1 stick of butter
6 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 large turkey size cooking bag

*do not bake candy. This is added after the mixture has baked and has cooled.

What to do:
Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
1.  In the large cooking bag mix the cereals, raisins, pretzels and optional nuts; set aside.  In a small microwavable bowl, microwave the butter until melted.  Add the Worcestershire and seasonings and stir.  Pour over cereal mixture in the bag and mix until evenly coated.  (I twist the top of the bag and toss mixture until coated).
2.  After mixture is coated pour into a large un-greased roasting pan.  Place in oven and bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.  After mix is finished removed from oven and allow to cool, about 20 minutes. 
3.  After mix has cooled stir in candy corn or other candy of choice.  Store in an airtight container.

TIP:  Since I make party mix often, especially during football and basketball season, I reuse my turkey bag.  After coating the mixture and putting into the roasting pan I fold my turkey bag up and place it in the freezer to use again.  I consider my bag "seasoned" and it saves me from having to buy a new one every few weeks.



Back to Ridiculously Delicious